Cassava Pudding with Macapuno
- 2 packages (4 cups) grated cassava
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 can condensed milk
- 1 bottle sweetened macapuno/coconut strips (use ¾ only)
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ cup butter, melted for baking tray
- ¼ cup sugar (optional)
- Toppings Mixture for Cassava Cake:
- ½ can condensed milk
- 1 egg
- ¼ remaining of sweetened macapuno/coconut strips
- Mix all ingredients in a mixing bowl except butter.
- Add sugar when needed (your preferred taste).
- Spread the melted butter or margarine evenly in a baking pan.
- Pour in cassava mixture.
- Bake in 350 F degrees for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- After 45 minutes when the cassava is dried on top pour the Topping Mixture.
- Return to oven and broil for another 10-15 minutes until the topping becomes brown.
- Remove from oven and top with grated cheddar cheese.