5 to 5 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup uncooked old-fashioned oats
1 (1/4-ounce) package active dry yeast
3 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 1/2 cups Land O Lakes Half & Half
3/4 cup water
2 tablespoons Land O Lakes Butter, melted
How to make
- STEP 1Combine 2 cups flour, oats, yeast, brown sugar, and salt in large bowl.
- STEP 2Heat half & half, water and 2 tablespoons butter in 1-quart saucepan over medium heat 2-4 minutes or until mixture reaches 120ºF to 130ºF. Add half & half mixture to dry ingredients. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, 2 minutes. Stir in enough remaining flour until dough is easy to handle.
- STEP 3Turn dough onto lightly floured surface; knead 5-10 minutes or until smooth and elastic. Place in greased bowl; turn, greased-side up. Cover; let rise in warm place about 1 hour or until double in size.
- STEP 4Punch down dough; divide in half. Roll each half into 12×9-inch rectangle. Starting at narrow end, roll up tightly into loaf shape. Seal ends. Place loaves in 2 (8×4-inch) greased loaf pans, seam-side down. Cover; let rise 30-45 minutes or until double in size.
- STEP 5Heat oven to 375ºF.
- STEP 6Bake 30-40 minutes or until loaves sound hollow when tapped. Brush with melted butter. Remove from pans. Cool completely.